For the programs for which Provisional Admission is offered to International Students is based on the marks card, certificates and other documents submitted along-with the application form and thepersonal/telephonic interview held thereon.
All programmes offered are full time and minimum 75% class attendance for each subject is compulsory to be eligible to write the end-semester examinations.
All foreign nationals except from Nepal and Bhutan admitted to the University are required to arrive in India with valid passport and student visa specifying “for study at St. Joseph’s University, Bengaluru, India”.
No foreign student except from Nepal and Bhutan will be permitted to attend classes at the University without valid Passport, Student Visa and Residential Permit.
Such of those foreign nationals who are already in India studying in other educational institutions have to obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their present institutions and enclose the same along-with their application form.
After obtaining Provisional Admission letter from the University, they have to change the Student Visa in favor of St. Joseph’s University at the local Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Bengaluru, before they start attending classes at St. Joseph’s University.
Within 14 days of their arrival in India, foreign students are required to register with the local Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO), address is follows:
Foreigners Regional Registration Officer,
Bureau of Immigration
(Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India)
TTMC ‘A’ Block, 5 th Floor, BMTC Bus Stand Building,
K.H. Road, Shanthi Nagar,
Bengaluru – 560 027.
2. Submit an online application for Registration with necessary documents and photograph. The application would not be successfully submitted unless the documents and photographs are uploaded online successfully
3. Documents/Payments/Personal meeting requests (conveyed to the Foreigner through e-mail/SMS alerts)
4. The Foreigner can track the status of the application through the portal. For any clarification, FRRO Support Centers can be contacted.
5. Upon Grant/Rejection of Service, the same would be intimated to the foreigner. His/Her Residential Certificate/Permit would be sent through mail
Documents Required for FRRO Registration
1. Original valid Passport and visa copy
2. Bonafide Certificate issued by the University (FSIS)
3. Three passport-size photographs with white background
4. Proof of residence of the applicant and ID card of the landlord (Driving License, Voters Card) – Form C
5. Tuition Fee paid receipt
6. Bank Statement